4.4.3 Failure. Failure of any engine assembly to pass any of the specified tests shall be
cause for the Government to refuse acceptance of the production quantity represented, until
action taken by the contractor to correct defects and prevent recurrence has been approved by the
4.5 Test methods.
4.5.1 Leakage. Conformance to 3.3.3 shall be verified by examination for evidence of
"leaks" or "drips" (see 6.3) during and after testing as specified herein.
4.5.2 Environmental conditions. The engine shall be tested in accordance with the high
temperature operation and low temperature storage procedures of MIL-STD-810 for
conformance to 3.3.4. The following shall be incorporated into the procedures.
a. High temperature.
- Raise the internal chamber temperature to 49°C (120°F).
- Maintain internal chamber temperature for 6 hours at 49°C (120°F).
- Raise the internal chamber temperature to 71°C (160°F within a time period of
1 hours and then maintain at that temperature for 4 additional hours.
- Lower the internal chamber temperature to 49°C (120°F) within a time period of
- Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 two additional times (making a total of three 12 hour
- Adjust the internal chamber temperature to the highest operating temperature
under which the test item is designed to operate and maintain until temperature
stabilization of the test item is reached.
b. Low temperature (operation procedure, if required.
- Prepare for test.
- Lower the internal chamber temperature to the storage temperature of -33°C
(-28°F) and maintain for a period of 24 hours after stabilization or for the period
specified in the equipment specification.
- Adjust the internal chamber temperature to -32°C (-25°F) and maintain until
temperature stabilization of the test item is reached.
4.6 Materials, design and construction. Conformance to 3.2 through 3.3.2, and 3.3.5
through 3.5.2 shall be determined by examination for the defects listed in table II and inspection of
contractor records providing proof or certification that the requirements have been met.
Applicable records shall include drawings, specifications, design data, receiving inspection
records, processing and quality control standards, vendor catalogs and certifications, industry
standards, test reports, and rating data.
For Parts Inquires submit RFQ to Parts Hangar, Inc.
© Copyright 2015 Integrated Publishing, Inc.
A Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business